Best Cat Foods For Cats With IBS: It is essential to make adjustments to your cat’s diet if she is suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( IBS ). Allergy is a primary cause of IBS in cats. Hence you must opt for good-quality hypoallergenic cat food.
Ensure that the recipe you pick must be free from GMO ingredients, animal by-product meals, artificial fillers, and other unwanted allergens. It should provide optimum and clean nutrition at a budget-friendly price.
What Factors To Consider For Buying Best Cat Foods For Cats With IBS?
It may be challenging in figuring out cat food that would not trigger symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( IBS) in cats. Allergies are more likely to cause IBS. Hence it is always advised to buy hypoallergenic cat food for your pet friend.
Some vets may also prescribe a protein-rich recipe for pet cats who suffer from IBS to relieve the uncomfortable symptoms they might experience. It is better to purchase wet cat recipes with lower amounts of carbohydrates.
Let us now look at some of the critical factors that must be considered before buying the best cat food for cats suffering from IBS:
Ideal For Sensitive Stomach
– As cats suffering from IBS tend to have difficulty with digestion, you must choose the cat food that is specifically formulated to relieve the symptoms of stomach sensitivity in pet cats. These cat foods are not only easy to digest, but they have a gentle impact on your pet’s stomach.
Hypoallergenic & Grain-Free
– As mentioned before, you should not choose a cat food that may trigger allergic reactions in your pet cat. This is because allergy can aggravate symptoms of IBS in cats.
Hence you must invest in a recipe that is free from unwanted allergens and does not contain any GMO ingredients or animal by-product meals.
Best Value For Money
– The formula you choose must meet your budget needs and should be affordable to buy in the long run. Also, it should provide the best value for the price you pay.
Free From Unwanted Fillers
– It is essential to understand that cats suffering from IBS need higher amounts of protein in their regular diet. These cat foods should also contain lower carbohydrates and be free from artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, or other undesired additives.
5 Best Cat Foods For Cats With IBS
The Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food is one of the most valuable cat foods purchased for cats suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
One can not deny the fact that the Blue Buffalo brand is good at maintaining its quality standards. You will rarely get a brand that brings high-quality cat foods at an affordable price like Blue Buffalo.
This particular cat food was explicitly designed for pet cats with stomach sensitivity issues and needed some help improving their digestion. It is available in 2 different size options. This cat food from Blue Buffalo is ideal for pet cats of all breed sizes, and it has a delicious flavor of brown rice and chicken.
The first ingredient used in formulating this cat meal is authentic, deboned, fresh chicken. Other high- quality ingredients used in this cat food are sweet potatoes, brown rice, flaxseeds, carrots, blueberries, peas, and cranberries.
This particular cat food from Blue Buffalo is fully loaded with antioxidants, essential vitamins, and trace minerals that promote your pet friend’s health. This recipe is also supplemented with probiotics that maintain gut health and improve the absorption of nutrients.
- Helps In Managing Weight – This cat food has limited and balanced nutrients that help in maintaining the body weight of your pet friend.
- Helps Boost Immunity – It contains ample amounts of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that play a key role in boosting the immunity of pet cats.
- Improves Digestion – As this cat food is rich in high-quality protein and fiber, it helps in improving the digestion of your pet friend.
- Heart Health – The Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food is also loaded with essential fatty acids such as omega three and omega six that help maintain the heart and skin health of pet cats.
- Better Coat and Skin – The finest-quality ingredients used in this cat food help in promoting the health of your cat’s coat and skin.
If you are looking for excellent cat food for cats with IBS, you can consider buying Dr. Elsey’s Clean- Protein Grain-Free Dry Cat Food.
If you notice carefully, you will realize that one of the primary reasons IBS in pet cats is using cat foods that do not contain good-quality ingredients. Hence, the best food for cats suffering from IBS must consist of the finest-quality protein source and other essential nutrients that would help resolve their digestive problems.
This is where Dr. Elsey’s Clean-Protein Grain-Free Dry Cat Food stands out. This product is available in 2 different styles: salmon and blue and has the flavor of the chicken.
It is recommended for cats of all breed sizes. This dry food is full of limited and high-quality ingredients. Ninety percent of the protein source used in this recipe comes from authentic farm-raised animals.
The primary ingredients used in Dr. Elsey’s Clean-Protein Grain-Free Dry Cat Food are pork protein concentrate, chicken, gelatin, and dried eggs.
As this cat food consists of reasonable amounts of fat along with real meat, it never fails to fulfill the needs of your cat’s daily nutrition. Also, it is free from artificial flavors, artificial colors, or other unwanted fillers that might harm your pet friend.
As per the guaranteed analysis, this particular cat food from Dr. Elsey consists of 18 percent fat, 59 percent protein, and 4 percent fiber, which makes it one of the most popular cat foods that come close to the natural diet of your pet cat.
Also, it has lower amounts of carbohydrates, making it ideal for diabetic cats. It is also full of healthy seasonings like salt and rosemary and contains many essential vitamins and minerals that take care of your cat’s overall health and well-being. Other than that, this recipe from Dr. Elsey is 100 percent free from grains and glutens.
This particular cat food is also rich in essential fatty acids such as omega-three that provide optimum nourishment to the coat and skin of your pet friend.
The Halo Holistic Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food is one of the best food options for pet owners who want to purchase good-quality and natural cat food for cats suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
This particular cat food comes in 3 different sizes. It has a delicious seafood flavor and is suitable for cats of all breed sizes. This cat food provides clean nutrition to your pet cat and is relatively easy to digest.
It is formulated with the finest quality, wild-caught whitefish, and salmon as the protein source which is one of the reasons why it is ideal for cats with IBS.
According to the guaranteed analysis, the Halo Holistic Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food consists of 16 fat, 34 percent protein, 10 percent moisture, and 5 percent fiber.
Also, this brand does not permit growth hormones, factory farming, artificial flavors, artificial colors, antibiotics, or preservatives. This recipe from Halo Holistic is also free from GMO ingredients.
- This particular cat food is made with authentic whole protein that is pretty easy to digest.
- Only wholesome vegetables and fruits are used in making this recipe.
- This cat food is fully loaded with omega oils that help in maintaining the health of your cat’s coat and
- It also contains essential amino acids such as taurine that promotes vision and heart health.
- This cat food also has a crunchy texture and delicious flavor, making it ideal for picky eaters.
- The only disadvantage of Halo Holistic Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food is that it is not free from soy.
Here are a few things you will like the most about the Halo Holistic Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food :
- This particular cat food is free from animal by-product meals.
- It is specifically formulated for pet cats having sensitive stomachs.
- This cat food is only made with non-GMO ingredients.
- Only natural and premium-quality protein is used in making this delicious cat food.
The Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Hydrolyzed Cat Food is one of the most expensive and premium- quality cat foods available on the market and suitable for cats with IBS.
However, you need your vet’s approval before purchasing this cat food. This particular cat recipe is ideal for cats of all breed sizes. You will be happy to know that it has a delicious flavor and is great for picky eaters. This recipe is made of hydrolyzed, high-quality protein sources.
The primary ingredients used in the Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Hydrolyzed Cat Food are hydrolyzed soy protein isolate, rice starch, hydrolyzed chicken liver, hydrogenated canola oil, powdered cellulose, potassium chloride, corn oil, and many essential vitamins and minerals.
As per the guaranteed analysis, the Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Hydrolyzed Cat Food consists of 9 percent crude fat, 29.5 percent crude protein, 10 percent moisture, 0.9 percent calcium, 7.75 percent ash, and 0.8 percent phosphorus.
It was made explicitly for therapeutic needs. Whether your cat is in critical condition or has dental problems, or maybe your pet cat is suffering from stomach sensitivity issues, this recipe provides appropriate nutrition for the overall health of your pet friend.
This therapeutic formula not only fulfills the needs of your pet’s nutrition but also comes with great taste and texture to stimulate the appetite of pet cats.
- This cat food only makes use of one protein source.
- It is made explicitly for pet cats suffering from IBS.
- This particular cat food is pretty easy to digest.
- The omega fatty acids present in this cat recipe provide nourishment to the skin and coat of your pet cat.
- It has been hydrolyzed to help improve digestion.
- The symptoms of gastrointestinal problems tend to reduce after regular usage of this food.
- The only downside is that it is pretty expensive.
- If the price is not a problem, this recipe will not disappoint you.
The Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Canned Cat Food is one of the most effective cat foods for cats with IBS. As the name suggests, this cat food uses minimal ingredients to ensure that it does not cause digestive issues in your cat.
It usually comes in 4 different flavors: chicken, turkey, salmon, and duck. It is available in 2 different sizes and can be given to cats of all breed sizes. This particular canned cat food uses good-quality, deboned turkey as the only protein source.
Another great thing about this canned recipe is that it does not contain any corn, grains, soy, wheat, gluten, artificial flavors, artificial colors, or other unwanted fillers.
This cat food is supplemented with probiotics and prebiotics to maintain the gut health of your pet friend. It has been cooked safely in the United States.
According to the guaranteed analysis, this particular canned cat food from Merrick consists of 5 percent crude fat, 9 percent crude protein, 78 percent moisture, 1.4 percent crude fiber, 0.2 percent taurine, and 3 percent ash.
The primary ingredients used in the Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Canned Cat Food are turkey broth, deboned turkey, pea protein, turkey liver, calcium carbonate, natural flavor, guar gum, dried alfalfa meal (organic), flaxseed oil, salt, taurine, and other essential vitamins and minerals.
As this canned cat food comes with omega-three and omega-six fatty acids, it helps maintain the coat and skin health of your pet cat. It is also rich in antioxidants which are essential to boost the immunity of your pet friend.
In short, this canned cat food does a great job of providing balanced nutrition to your pet cat without compromising the quality of ingredients and taste of the meal. It is ideal for older cats that have IBS.
The only disadvantage of this canned cat food is that some cats may not like its taste. Other than that, there is nothing in this cat food that might disappoint you or your cat.
IBS in cats can be relieved with the help of suitable cat food that comes with wholesome and limited ingredients and has a gentle effect on your cat’s stomach.
It should not contain artificial fillers, GMO ingredients, or other allergens that may aggravate IBS symptoms. Some of the best cat foods for IBS include Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food and Dr. Elsey’s Clean-Protein Grain-Free Dry Cat Food.